About our organization:
Gender Creative Kids is a reference community organization that has supported trans, non-binary, and gender-fluid youth’s affirmation within their families, schools, and communities since 2013. By empowering parents and their children, educating communities, offering innovative and evidence-informed resources, and advocating for the rights of trans youth, we aspire to a world that is a safe and joyful place for all children.
The Administrative Coordinator will be joining a small and dynamic team at Gender Creative Kids (GCK). Their primary role is to optimize day to day functions and fulfill administrative duties as the link between GCK and other parties. This brand new position will be responsible for the administrative logistics of multiple projects with varying timelines and demands. Among other tasks, we’re looking for someone to join the team who will help play a major role in the organization and logistics of our numerous community meetings to come.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Create and implement analytical metrics to evaluate the structural and administrative needs of the organization;
- Optimize administrative processes and functions for the staff, propose strategies for the administrative logistics to the Board of Directors;
- Provide internal support to promote efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of staff and the health of the organization;
- Serve as a liaison between the HR Committee and GCK staff;
- Design and manage administrative budgets in collaboration with the Head of Communications & Philanthropy;
- Manage the budget, travel, and scheduling logistics for GCK projects;
- Manage payroll and accounts payable & receivable;
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison with our external accountant;
- Any additional tasks as a team member.
An ideal candidate would have at least one or more of the following qualifications*, as listed in order of importance:
- Deep and meaningful understanding of the realities of trans and non-binary identities and experiences;
- Trans affirmative, anti-racist, and overall anti-oppressive approach;
- Bilingualism in English and French (spoken and written);
- Experience in administration;
- Familiarity with financial accounting software, such as QuickBooks;
- Goal-oriented, methodical, and strategic thinking oriented towards the success and health of Gender Creative Kids;
- Administrative skills, particularly for organization, program auditing, and reporting;
- Strong organization and time management skills.
*Experience and qualifications can have been paid, volunteer, or otherwise involved.
- Familiarity working in a horizontal, non-hierarchical organization;
- Experience working in the community sector, knowledge of both Montreal’s Francophone communities and Anglophone communities;
- Additional languages other than English or French.
- Part time position on contract for 18 months with possibility of renewal, 3 month probation period;
- 20 hours a week, 3 weeks vacation annually; + the days between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
- $25/hour with yearly increase as indicated by the Employee Guide;
- Hybrid work style between remote and in-office work, dependent on the Covid-19 pandemic;
- A new laptop will be provided for remote work;
- Robust HR benefits which are flexible and adaptable to diverse realities, including sick days and wellness days;
- $250 discretionary spending self-care bank available to employees annually (non-accumulating).
We would like to emphasize that trans and non-binary members of the community are strongly invited to apply for this position. Additionally, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of colour to apply for this position. As well, we encourage individuals who embody otherwise marginalized identities to apply for this position.
Job posting: November 13, 2020 – December 11, 2020
Interviews: January 05, 2021 – January 08, 2021
Projected start date: January 18, 2021
A cover letter is not necessary. Instead, please complete our online application by answering the questions included. Please answer all the questions in the language in which they are asked. The completion of this application is due no later than 11:59pm on Friday, December 11th, 2020. The form can be found here: https://wlayhdda.paperform.co/
For any questions, please contact Mitchell Rae Cousineau (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You will be contacted by email.